Monday, March 28, 2005

"They Say It's Your Birthday"

So my birthday was pretty good. Got well-fed, got some nifty presents (like The Incredibles on DVD and a beautiful sterling silver chain and cross, which I guess will be for special occasions, and lots of money and the promise of a $100 shopping spree at Best Buy with the folks. More on that in a moment), and got to see the family. That was very cool.

Anyway, the folks were the ones who got me stuff, and they gave me $100, and decided to take me on a little shopping trip to Best Buy. So after dinner, off we go for Best Buy. Of course, what we'd failed to take into consideration was that, since it was Easter Sunday, nothing was open. So no Best Buy trip for me until Tuesday evening before the Mellencamp show.

Ended up getting to talk with both siblings (Clif even informed me that he got accepted to UT-Austin for their graduate program, so congrats to him on that), Amanda E., and Wen by phone, and a whole host of other friends via messenger, email, and comments here. To everyone, I thank you for your kind comments and well-wishes. They really do mean alot to me. I think I have some of the greatest friends in the world, and I'm damn lucky to have each and every one of ya.

So yeah, enough sappy stuff. I'm pretty tired, 'cause I was up too late last night and had a full day. I think I'm off for bed.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Flaming Lips, "Unconsciously Screamin'"

No comments: