Thursday, March 03, 2005

"Battlecry"

I got another comic drawn this morning at work, which means I have all of next week's comics drawn. I'm going to try to continue getting ahead like this; I figure developing a backlog/buffer of comics would be useful for those days when I have a bad case of artist or writer's block (which does happen...happened for most of this week, actually, until about yesterday. Awful artist's block. Couldn't draw a damn thing). Might also provide me with some leeway for working on other projects, something which I'd really like to have.

It's been busy this morning, but not unbearably so. With four of us working mornings now, the load's pretty evenly distributed. And in another hour and a half, I get to go home.

I don't rightly know why, but I spent a good part of last night listening to the Samurai Champloo soundtrack. It's not normally the sort of music I'd listen to (for one thing, there are only like three songs with lyrics--the song that they use in the opening credits, the song they use in the closing credits that's in Japanese, and a song that sounds like Destiny's Child. So really only one song that I can sing along to). They call it hip-hop, but I'm not entirely convinced it's straight hip-hop. Like with anything else the Japanese do, they can't just leave something alone. They have to fiddle with it, creating these strange hybrids that end up working very well. Such is the case with this CD. There are a few tracks that are very much hip-hop, but without lyrics (which I thought was an important part of the genre, but what do I know?). The music, more than anything else, is fun. I'm a big fan of fun music, whatever genre it may be in.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Wilco, "Hummingbird"

No comments: