Thursday, March 31, 2005

"But There Is No Bottom"

Well, got a rejection letter from Rutgers this afternoon. To be honest, I didn't expect to get in to any of the schools I applied to, but if you don't try, you never know, right?

Anyway, I still have the others to hear from. Not time to panic yet. Mom also happened to mention this afternoon when I talked with her that dad has a friend who might be able to hook me up with teaching British History at some Catholic college in New York state. I, in all seriousness, told her I'd do it in a heartbeat. I don't care if it's a temporary thing or if I don't know anyone there or anything, I'd definitely love the opportunity to teach, no matter where. So if grad school falls through, that could be another option. That's what I need--options.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Glen Phillips, "Falling"

2 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

What?!?! No screw you Rutgers? What's the world coming to when I can't count on you to give those who reject you the finger (in words or comic)? It's like I don't even know you anymore...

Chuck Cottrell said...

I dunno. I mean, they just saved me from having to move to New Jersey. Maybe I should be thanking them.