Tuesday, March 22, 2005

"Flight"

So I picked up Flight, Volume 1 at Borders this afternoon after work. It's a collection of short comics by various webcomic artists put out by Image. It contains a couple of comics by a couple of artists I'd heard of (most specifically, Derek Kirk Kim and Vera Brosgol), so I picked it up on a whim.

Anyway, I'm about halfway through it, and it's really good. The theme is, of course, flight, but it's an exceptionally loose theme that leaves a lot of room for variation within. I'm looking forward to finishing it up.

While I was at Borders, I ran into Lindsay from work. I was rather glad it turned out to be her, since I walked up and popped her in the back of the head (playfully, of course, 'cause I'm not a violent person or anything), and assaulting random people in Borders with sequential art is probably not a wise idea. But it was her, and I got to meet her boyfriend guy, Josh, who seems pretty cool (though he had that "this is my girlfriend's coworker, and I'm making friendly even though I really don't know him" thing going. I'm sure I had something similar). So that was rather amusing.

Anyway, not much else to report. Work's been work the past couple of days. I'm sure that trend will not alter over the next few days.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Green Day, "Homecoming"

No comments: