Sunday, March 20, 2005

"The Sands Of Nevada"

Made it back to Norman without incident (unless you count Clif not remembering to bring the CDs he borrowed from me back even after I called him the night before he came home and reminded him to bring them back an incident). Work's been nice and slow, so I've managed to get absolutely nothing of value accomplished. Wee.

Still need to do tomorrow's comic, but I haven't really felt like drawing. I don't know whether to force myself to draw something (and risk the very strong chance that it comes out complete crap), or figure out some sort of filler for tomorrow. We'll just have to see how the next few hours go.

Picked up the first volume of the Ren & Stimpy Collection yesterday. I'd forgotten just how funny (and seriously messed up) that show was. The most amusing thing about it, Scott and I decided, was that it originally aired on Nickelodeon. The channel was kinda like an edgier Disney, I guess. They had some fun shows on back in the day (and some pretty good cartoons, come to that), but Ren & Stimpy doesn't really seem to fit in with things like Rugrats, y'know?

Dad put new strings on my guitar while I was in Ponca City. The guitar actually sounds like a gutiar again, which is nice. And the strings are a size smaller, I think. They feel smaller, and they're easier to push down. I played through a few songs before I came to work, and it sounded much better than it did before the strings were changed.

Of course, now I have the extra guitar string hanging from the end of the guitar neck, making a strange metallic "ting" every time they bounce off one another (which I usually can't hear because I'm playing, but that's not the point). Have to wait until the strings have settled before I can cut the excess off, because new strings get out of tune easily as the strings settle into their places. So I guess in a week or so, like around my birthday, I can cut the extra off the end and not have to worry about it.

Really, I'm just glad Dad restrung the guitar for me. I tried helping Clif with the Martin back a couple summers ago when we were in Yellowstone, and it all but killed me fingers. Damn those things are sharp and hard to hold onto.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Mark Knopfler, "Sands of Nevada"

No comments: