Saturday, June 18, 2005

"Walk On Down That Dirt Road"

Dear God, the pain in my foot increased tenfold from the time I went to bed last night (when I could still walk halfway normal) to when I woke up at 10.00 because my damn foot hurt so much (and now even putting my foot on the ground while sitting hurts like hell. We're not even talking about trying to stand on it, just letting it rest on the ground).

I don't remember it hurting quite this much last time, though I think it might've for the first day or so. This really, really sucks. Hopefully it'll be better with a shoe on, but that just means I have to somehow slip a shoe on over this throbbing mass of pain that I call a foot.

I'm going to try to go to Wal-Mart this afternoon and grab some Advil. That seemed to help last time. I'm also, as I mentioned last night, going to drink as much water as possible. Maybe if I drink a gallon of water today, it'll flush out my system. Maybe I should also consider just staying in the bathroom all day if that's my plan.

Stupid freakin' foot.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Tom Petty, "House in the Woods"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sucks! I heard taking anti-inflammitory drugs, like Advil, and drinking an extra 4-5 glasses of water a day, and staying away from foods high in Purines also help. I am sure you know all of this, but I am a know-it-all. :)

Feel better!

Michelle

Chuck Cottrell said...

Yeha, that's pretty much what I'd figured out the first time this happened (back in like October or so). I need to go buy some Advil before I leave town (I still intend to go hear my uncle play this evening despite the severe pain of standing or doing much of anything other than sitting with my leg propped up). Hopefully driving won't be too difficult, or I'll be in serious trouble.