Monday, June 06, 2005

"Bad To The Bone"

Clif'll be coming over in a few hours. We're going to see George Thoroughgood and the Destroyers tonight up in OKC. Ought to be fun. I don't expect anything deep out of Thoroughgood--I mean, the guy is a three-chord gritty blues-bar type, growling his way through songs that are all built on similar (fun) riffs. It's just fun music with little to no substance, but sometimes there's a place for that, y'know?

Spent the weekend doing a whole lot of nothing. Friday I just sorta putzed around the apartment, Saturday I went to hear my uncle play up in Guthrie, and yesterday I putzed around some more and went out for dinner with Ev. Nothing too exciting.

Of course, the coming week has plenty going on. In fact, the rest of today is going to be hectic and rather busy. I need to finish cleaning the apartment in the next hour or so (there's not much left to do...or, to be more accurate, there's not much more that I'm going to do before Clif gets here), then go help Jess and Dom move a few things (they closed on the house they're buying earlier today, so their move begins), then get back to the apartment, shower, and be ready for Clif to show up around 6.30. From there, we'll head up to OKC for the concert, which starts at 8.00. And in the morning, I get to wake up bright and early and go to work. Won't that be a joy?

Okay, yeah, not really, but hey, it's money.

I should probably do a couple of album reviews, as I've got a whole slew of new CDs I've picked up recently that I sorta want to talk about. Haven't worked up the motivation or energy yet, but maybe this week will see a few of them written and posted.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Regular Joes, "Red Tide"

No comments: