Saturday, June 18, 2005

"Back Up On My Feet Before Too Long"

My foot started aching again this afternoon after seven or eight months of gout-free living. I knew I'd been drinking too much soda pop lately, and this just confirms it. My foot can still take some weight, so I'm going to spend the next week drinking nothing but water and see if I can't flush out my system and get back where I need to be.

It also just throws into sharp relief the fact that I really need to exercise more. I've been ridiculously slack about exercising the past month or so. I'd gotten pretty good about walking several times a week and keeping my soda intake down, but lately I've just slipped into too many old, bad habits.

Anyway, hopefully I won't wake up tomorrow with so much pain that I can't walk. I can't afford to not be able to get around, and I refuse to let this keep me from doing the things I need and want to do.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bob Dylan, "I Can't Wait"

No comments: