Tuesday, June 21, 2005

"I've Seen The Needle And The Damage Done"

Today was the first day since the gout hit Saturday morning that I woke up and it didn't hurt worse than it had when I went to bed. In fact, it feels about the way it did when I crashed last night. This is a good sign--the stuff is in remission, as it were, and I ought to be back to normal (hopefully) by the end of the week. I'd really prefer if I were healthy again by Thursday, since I'm supposed to go down to Dallas with a friend from work and her crew to see the Firefly movie, Serenity.

Oh, I hadn't mentioned that, had I? Yeah, her husband managed to get hold of a handful of tickets to the prescreening in Dallas, and she knew I liked the show, so she offered me one of the tickets. It's gonna be a blast, though I have to be at work Friday morning at 8.00 (Chuck may not be getting any sleep tonight).

In other news, I'm probably going to go home tonight after work to visit the folks, since they leave on vacation at the end of the week and won't be back for awhile. Chances are I won't see them very much between now and the time I leave for Virginia, so I probably ought to get in some quality time with the folks. Tonight's really the only night I can pull it off, since I don't work tomorrow until the night shift, but have a midday shift Thursday and a morning shift Friday (not to mention a trip to Dallas in between the two).

Anyway, I'm gonna hobble off for breakfast now.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Elliot Smith, "Clementine"

No comments: