Monday, June 27, 2005

"Much Ado About Nothing"

Today has been a comedy of errors and "well gee, how's that gonna work out?"

First, boombox is dying. Technically, it's Clif's, but I think I adopted it when I moved to Norman 'cause he didn't need it anymore (and he's got a new one since then, so it doesn't really matter). The boombox decided to stop playing CDs today, which was the only reason I really had it (so I could listen to music when I go to bed and when I'm in the shower). I was hoping it would at least last until I moved to Virginia next month, when all of my stuff would be in one room and I wouldn't have need of the boombox), but I guess it was not to be.

Second problem was with ordering Bob Dylan tickets. Ordering the tickets was not the problem, actually. See, my dad left me his credit card number so I could get the tickets ('cause Clif and I are too poor to afford the tickets ourselves). Got the tickets ordered, no problem, but when I checked the confirmation email, it said that I needed to present the credit card used to purchase the tickets when I picked them up. The problem--the credit card is with my dad, who is in Canada all this week and next.

Anyway, I called the ticket company and explained the situation, and they've helped me get it cleared up so we should be able to get the tickets without a hassle. I hope.

Third problem was with transcripts--I've been trying to get hold of some transcripts from Ozarks for job applications. I sent the request about a week and a half ago, and they still hadn't mailed me the transcripts (which is unusual for Ozarks. They usually get my stuff to me quickly). Anyway, called them up, and they'd somehow never gotten my request. I faxed them another one a little bit ago, so hopefully that's been taken care of now.

That's really been it, but it's been enough. I'm at work until 9.00 tonight. God willing, it won't be busy or anything.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bob Dylan, "Where Teardrops Fall"

No comments: