Wednesday, June 22, 2005

"Saturday's Bruises And Cold Roses"

The gout is getting better every day, leading me to believe that I'm on the slow, hobbling road to recovery. The gout itself is restricted to the outer edge of the ball of my foot (the part I'd normally walk on if I were striding the way I usually do), and it doesn't hurt quite so bad even there anymore.

The real problem now is that my ankle and shin hurt from the way I've been walking. My arrested stride has given me some nasty shin splints and a ridiculously sore ankle. These will probably continue until I can walk normally again, at which point I swear to drink no more than two soda pops a week. Honest. 'Cause I don't want to do this again anytime soon. I'd really forgotten just how painful it is and how much it restricts my mobility (walking from the bike rack under the stadium up to the Writing Center should not leave me winded. Ever).

Anyway, I'm off for home for the day. I have every stitch of dirty clothes I own (which far outnumber the clean clothes right now) with me. I'm going to milk the "mom said to bring my laundry home" thing as much as I can before I move to Virginia, where I'll have to do it myself again.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Leonard Cohen, "Famous Blue Raincoat"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laundry isn't so bad. At least until the day you bring it home and then have an argument with your mother that she is doing it wrong. Then you realize you are through the looking glass and life will never be the same.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

You know, once you get out here, you should see if Wen might be willing help with the laundry.

Tell her it's "women's work".

I think we both know how well that'll end. ;-)

-Dav-

Chuck Cottrell said...

No, y'see, Dav, I have this policy of never trying to purposely piss Wen off. It's just safer that way.