Tuesday, May 17, 2005

"This Is Only A Test"

Got my test scores from the Praxis I today. My Reading was a 184, my Math was a 185 (don't ask me how that happened, I'm just as surprised as you), and my Writing was a 188 (naturally my strongest section, and the only one I was really waiting to find out how I did on). Those are all passing scores, so I'm in the clear. Actually, they're all above the national average, which I think is pretty good considering I did not study at all. Not a bit. Not even for the Math. I just went in and took it cold. Imagine if I'd actually had time to study. I'd have probably gotten everything right (well, except on the Math. The Math questions I got wrong I had no chance of getting right).

Now I just have to take the Praxis II on June 11 up in Stillwater. Mom said she'd drive me up there for it so I could sleep in the car (since the damn thing starts at 7.30 in the freakin' morning). So that'll be fun.

I'm going to Memphis this weekend with Dad and Clif. We're going to visit the Gibson Guitar Factory (they let you play some of the guitars even, which'll be entirely too much fun), wander up and down Beale Street, go to a jazz club or something. Just a fun little weekend getaway for the three of us who never get to relax or take a break. So that'll be fun.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Eric Clapton, "Running on Faith (Live Acoustic)"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your test scores!

Melissa

Noise Monkey said...

Screw that! Congrats on Beale Street!

Chuck Cottrell said...

I still think the best part is the Gibson Guitar Factory.