Sunday, May 15, 2005

"His Master's Voice Is Calling Me"

Damn, yesterday was a long day. Had to be at bacheloreatte (or however the hell it's spelt) at 9.00 in the morning, and that was followed immediately by standing outside in the sun and heat for 2 1/2 hours for graduation. Then we had to pack Clif's stuff up and load it all up in the cars (he lives up on the third floor, of course). Then we had to drive back to Shawnee and unload everything, and then I got to jump right back in the car and drive back to Norman. Needless to say, I was exhausted yesterday, and I'm not really all that much better today.

On the positive side, I got to see my brother graduate, and I got to see a few friends (like Amanda E.) whom I was not expecting to get to see. My camera is full of pictures of various friends and family members, many of which I'll post here tonight or tomorrow. For now, I'm stuck at work (of course, I'm literally the only person here. I'm a little surprised that I didn't trip some sort of alarm and that security isn't here asking me what the hell I'm doing). All the doors downstairs were locked when I got here, so I propped a door open for the three or four students who are supposed to show up today to finish up their papers. At least the climate control finally kicked in--when I got here, it was starting to get warm and stuffy, but the AC unit kicked on about ten, fifteen minutes ago, and it's downright tolerable in here now.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bob Dylan, "Mississippi"

No comments: