Saturday, May 14, 2005

Live From Casa De Monkey

Sitting in Clarksville at the moment. Clif graduates in the morning. Realizing this may be the last trip of this nature I ever make to this place. Kinda sad about that. But on the positive end, I'm excited about Clif finishing up his bachelor's degree. Just wish I could get a day to sleep in and recover from the past two weeks. Sadly, this is not to be--have to wake up early tomorrow to hear Clif play his tuba at baccalaureate (which was probably horribly misspelt, but I don't really care at this point), then graduation, then pack Clif up and drive home. Then I have to head straight back to Norman so I can work 8-5 Sunday (by myself, I might add). Then I work 8-12.30 Monday. I'll finally get a day to sleep in Tuesday.

In other news, I don't deserve to have Wendy as a friend. She's too damn good for me. I mean, she's done more research on jobs for me in the past week than I've managed all semester. This woman is a machine. It feels good to have someone genuinely interested in having me near them that much, though.

Anyway, off for sleep.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Wilco, "Company in my Back"

2 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

It was good to have you here...sorry I forgot to give you blankets and such (or just point out that there was one between the couch and the recliner...). I refuse to apologize for the cat, though...I take no responsibility for that thing...

Chuck Cottrell said...

Yeah, I saw the blankets, but given that I was kinda sweating without one, it didn't really seem all that necessary to grab one.

As for the cat...well, it was exiled quite quickly, so no harm, no foul. Thanks again for letting me couch surf, though.