Friday, May 27, 2005

"It's Three O'Clock In The Morning, Or Maybe It's Four"

Actually, it's three A.M., and I'm getting ready to hit the sack...

...which is made interesting and maybe a little difficult by the fact that the folks across the way have this bright-ass spotlight turned on so they can see all the boxes they've got stacked up on their back porch.

Okay, I can understand that they're getting ready to move out. I can sympathize, really. But how much are they really getting accomplished at 3.00 AM? Honestly, I'm guessing the guy's been at work all day and his wife's been home taking care of stuff around the apartment (I say this not because I'm a misogynist, but because I know how these folks operate--I can all but guarantee that she does not have any sort of job outside of the home. So I'm not being a chauvinist, I'm just stating the truth). They've worked on this stuff all afternoon and evening, and they were still working on it when I came home from Writing Club around 10.00. The spotlight was on then, and I can just imagine it's annoying the hell out of their less-nocturally-inclined neighbors. If I weren't a night owl, I'd have probably gone over there already to complain. Really, how much real work can you get done at this hour on something like moving? Give it a rest for the day, guys. Even if you have to be out by the end of the month, you've got a three-day weekend coming up during which you can do all sorts of packing and such. Go get some damn sleep, I know I'm ready to.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Wallflowers, "Back to California"

No comments: