Wednesday, May 11, 2005

"Gold Teeth And A Curse For This Town"

I registered to take the Praxis II today. There's another $115 I won't see again soon. I have to take it up in Stillwater, which is fine I guess (I'll just go crash with the grandparents the night before). The only real problem is that the test starts at 7.30 in the morning. On a Saturday. What I don't understand is why the Praxis II can't be an online test like the Praxis I was. They obviously have the technology and resources to do the Praxis II in the same fashion, yet they cling to outmoded test models, like pencil and paper at a set time. And the test is only offered like six times a year. You can't tell me that makes any sense.

But I'm registered for it, so a month from today I'll find myself sitting in a room at OSU, taking a test that probably won't tax my brain anymore than remembering the chords to the Who's "Squeeze Box" (G, C, and D, in case you were curious). But it's necessary and it'll get me what I want, so I guess it's worth it.

Have errands to run this afternoon...well, one errand, actually. Still need to go to Kinko's and get a nice, big copy of Repin's Barge-Haulers on the Volga made up for Dr. Dippel. This is assuming that (1) I can find Kinko's (I couldn't yesterday, for some reason), and (2) I remember to bring my little memory stick thingie that the image is saved on.

Yeah, that's about it, other than the fact that I did laundry last night. This worked to everyone's benefit, because it means I didn't have to come to work naked today.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The Shins, "Caring is Creepy"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Praxis II is considerably harder than Praxis I. It's all about theories and there's more writing than the 1st one. That was the one the education department advised us to actually study for. Good luck, though!

Oh, I'm glad you didn't go without clothes today. The world thanks you.

Mel

Chuck Cottrell said...

Yeah, for social studies, it's a section on American History, a section on World History, some Government, some Geography, and Economics, of all things. I'm not too worried about it yet, but I'm sure that's just because the test is a month off.