Thursday, May 05, 2005

"An Abundance Of Inherited Sadness"

So I told mom I was moving to Virginia today (no, not moving today, but told her today that I would be moving). She actually took it rather well. At least she and dad are going to help me move when the time comes (thank God for that, 'cause Lord knows it'd be tough to carry everything myself and drive all the way to Virginia by myself).

Went and saw my friend Libbie in a production of Midsummer Night's Dream this evening. It was a rather interesting student production, very streamlined (they took out all the scenes with Thesious and the players, but managed to still make the play work in a way that made sense), and exceptionally enjoyable. Libbie, a pixie-like waif anyway, played an adorably impish Puck. The twist of the play was that it was punk--they had snippets of old-school punk music for interludes, and everyon dressed in contemporary punk fashion (lots of black, spikes, etc.). I'm glad I got a chance to catch the show.

I'm completely worn out right now. I don't know how I'm still functioning, but I am (barely). I'm glad I only have a short work day tomorrow. After work, though, I'm driving up to Ponca City to crash with my grandparents, and Friday mom and I are going to Alva to help Scott move out of the dorm (the kid apparently has a lot of crap).

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Ryan Adams, "Easy Plateau"

1 comment:

Noise Monkey said...

Quiet...too quiet...