Tuesday, May 03, 2005

"That Ol' Hounddog Sat Right Down And Cried"

I had to cut my walk short this afternoon because I was being followed by a dog.

Let me clarify--I'm not afraid of dogs. Never have been, really. I figure any dog big enough to really cause me any trouble would be easily put down by a swift kick to the unmentionables. No, this was just a stray dog that kept following me around the neighborhood. It's happened before, and it annoys me to no end: first, because even if I don't like dogs, I don't really want them getting run over, either; and second, since the damn thing is following me around, everyone assumes it's mine and chews me out for the stupid crap it does (like running out in front of cars). I yell at the dog, I tell it to away, I threaten it with a rolled-up newspaper (well, rolled-up junkmail thing, but close enough), and the damn thing keeps following me. It's not threatening me, so I feel bad about just kicking it or something.

It had a collar, but there was no address or name or anything on it, just a tag indicating it'd had its rabies shots (thank goodness for that, at least). Ah well, it'll probably be gone tomorrow, and I won't have to worry about it. If it's not gone, I'm calling animal control.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Ryan Adams, "Magnolia Mountain"

No comments: