Sunday, December 21, 2003

"You just insulted the Holy Trilogy. Oh, it’s on now."

It's a rather lazy day. I should probably be cleaning the apartment, or doing something constructive. But I don't really feel like it. Instead, I'm lounging around, as I have ever since I woke up at 11.30 this morning to my cellphone ringing (it was Wendy, so I didn't mind, though she probably thinks I've taken up smoking a pack of unfiltered cigarettes a day, because I still had my "I just woke up and having had a chance for my throat to start operating like normal" voice. I always sound awful first thing in the morning, especially since I've been sick). I think I'm going to go jog here in a minute (something I've been lax about for the past two weeks, though it's not entirely my fault--inclement weather and illness have played a big part in all but two missed running days. Those other two days were missed due to laziness, though).

Anyway, I'm probably heading homeward tomorrow. Home, where my thoughts escape me, home, where my music's playin', home, where my...well, not love, but probably my mom is waiting, and probably not silently, for me. Kudos and ten bonus points to anyone who can identify the song I'm riffing on here.

Actually, this weekend, now that I think about it, has been very, very good, despite the fact that I was not in Arkansas as I desperately wanted to be. Why did I want to be in AR? Well, for the gathering. Chris and JP were there. The two Amandas were there, of course, since they're apparently stuck at work in ye ol' hellhole (read: Wal-Mart) until something like Christmas Eve. James was there. Heather was there, though she left today (because she done graduated, yup). I wanted to be there because it's rare that my group of Ozarks friends are actually all gathered at once anymore. It shall become even more rare, as so many of them graduate and finish up and otherwise depart this year. As previously mentioned, Heather's done. Chris and JP I'll get to see (got to talk to them on the phone a bit last night, and they're going to be in Oklahoma for New Year's), but the rest of them...not for a while, probably. Hell, I don't even get to see Wendy this Christmas--she has to work (curse her theatre for having a show on Christmas Even and Christmas Day. What the hell?). Amanda Erisman departs in May, as does Bob. I think Adam does as well, though I think he'll still be around Clarksville. That leaves...Adam, Amanda Webster, Monica, and Clif, who won't be around this coming semester 'cause he'll be in France, making fun of the French. It's sad seeing circles disperse, and even broken in a way. Though I also know the circle will remain unbroken, just...broader. Now the circle emcompasses the majority of this nation. I have friends from coast to coast. North and South, East and West. Yes, my friends are cast to the four winds, as it were, but that just means new and exciting places I get to visit them in when I can find the funds.

This is not the ending of things, it is the beginning of something new. Like I said early early this morning, a journey or a new adventure has to begin with a parting.

Doesn't make it easier, of course, but I think I'll survive.

Oh, and if anyone is looking for what to get me for a late Christmas or early birthday gift, this would be cool. They had a set of posters from a tour he did with Van Morrison and Joni Mitchell available, but apparently those are sold out. Which is too bad, because those were the ones I really wanted. I'd have invaded a small country and single-handedly conquered it for those.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Yoko Kanno & the Seatbelts, "The Egg and I"

No comments: