Tuesday, December 16, 2003

"Waiting For The Other Boot To Fall"

I think I'm getting sick. This obviously annoys me. I don't get sick very often, for which I am very thankful. But I only slept a total of about two hours last night--and those nonconsecutive--because of a bizzare ache in my right shoulder. An ache I'm associating with the flu, possibly. As it stands, my throat's been a bit sore, I've been coughing, and there's more phlem in my throat than I really want to think about. Not only that, but I'm feeling very, very warm right now...though that's probably because my boss left the thermostats set at about 76 or so yesterday afternoon, so it's just bloody warm here at work.

But anyway, no matter how I slept last night, I was uncomfortable. That wasn't fun. I don't plan on a repeat of that tonight or anytime soon.

On to other exciting things! I did laundry last night. If I keep doing laundry at the pace I have been (I did a couple of loads Saturday night and one load last night), I'll eventually have more clean clothes than dirty. This is currently not the case, but we're getting to about half and half.

Currently I feel like a character out of a story Dav's been writing. The character has this superpower that causes him to heat up under certain circumstances...and when I say "heat up," I mean "raise body temperature to the point that it melts metal and fries eggs at twenty paces." I feel like that right now. I don't know if it's because I have a fever or because my boss had the heat cranked up to 77 (not 76, as I originally thought) by the end of the day yesterday.

Which was really kinda ridiculous, I think, since it was in the 60s outside yesterday.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Glen Phillips, "Easier (Live Acoustic)"

No comments: