Friday, December 12, 2003

"Maybe This Year Will Be Better Than The Last"

Mmmm... lukewarm chocolate. Y'know, you go in expecting to be able to get hot chocolate, only the water isn't hot, so it's really more of cold or lukewarm chocolate. Then you have to find a microwave to heat it up, only you can't heat it up too much or the cup will melt (damn styrofoam). So your chocloate is now marginally warmer, only still kinda cold, and not as rich and creamy as you'd like because it's made with water and has no milk in it. So you're left with sort-okay chocolate, but you drink it anyway because it's free and because you have nothing else to drink and no money to purchase something else until after work when you can go pick up your paycheck.

Such is my morning thusfar. I think it says, everything, really.

It probably doesn't help that the last time I had hot chocolate (a couple of weeks ago, the Monday after Thanksgiving, actually), it was homemade by Beth and very, very tasty. Guess I got spoiled.

Wow. All that's left of this semester is Finals Week. Craziness. I can't believe the semster is already over. One more, and I'm done at this school. God only knows where I'll be next. This frightens me a bit. I'm not usually one for planning things far in advance, but I do like to know I'll have somewhere to go and be this time next year. And by "someplace" I mean "someplace other than the gutter."

Oh, and I'm ashamed to say that in today's comic, that is quite possibly the worst drawing of a baby ever.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Jack Johnson, "Taylor"

No comments: