Monday, December 22, 2003

"We're Going Home"

Well, here in an hour or two, I'll be heading home for ye ol' holidays. I'll be in Shawnee until Thursday, when we're going up to visit the grandparents in Ponca City. Up there for a couple of days, then back down to Shawnee for a couple more, then back here to Norman where we have something resembling civilization (well, my computer and stuff, at least, and that's close enough to civilization for me).

Anyway, I'm sorta torn about going home. On the one hand, free laundry, good food, no worries, and family. On the other, no real bed, very little to do (it's Shawnee, and no one's going to be around except family), and my family is there. That family, always such a double-edged sword.

Granted, just because I'm torn over going home doesn't mean I'm not going home. I think I'd never live it down if I missed Christmas. Besides, I'd get bored sleeping, eating, watching anime, and reading books here in Norman by myself after a while. A week or two, tops, I'm sure.

Meh, not that any of it matters. I'm still going after I've jogged, showered, and the mail arrives (hopefully with my father's Christmas present in it. I'd really have to have to give him an IOU for his Christmas present).

Anyway, off for adventure and really wild things! Well, running, at least. That's really about it. Yes, I'm a boring person.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Glen Phillips, "Greer Zoller"

No comments: