Sunday, December 14, 2003

"The Turtle Moves!"

Well, it was a rather successful weekend...aside from, like, the nasty weather Friday. I spent most of Friday doing not much of anything except cleaning up around the apartment (something that desperately needed to happen).

Saturday was spent basically hanging out with friends. From noon until 6.00, I hung out with Ev and his circle o' friends (of whom I only knew a couple when I first got there, but that was okay, because it was still fun). After that, I ran home for a bit to wrap presents for Jess and Dom. Beth came over to assist (and wrap her own presents for Rink y Dink), and gave me my Christmas present--a Newsboys Greatest Hits CD. I'm not overly familiar with the band, though I have heard of them (contemporary Christian pop-rock stuff). What I've heard of it thusfar, I've liked.

Anyway, after we got presents wrapped, we headed over to Jess and Dom's, got them, and went to eat dinner at Tarahamaru's, our favorite Mexican restaurant. After stuffing ourselves beyond reasonable capacity, we headed back to Jess and Dom's place for a quick game of Trival Pursuit. After that, we went out bowling. I haven't been bowling in a year or two. Hence, I didn't play too well (never broke 100...hell, never broke 90, and we played like four games). Also discovered I'm a terrible bowler left handed (something Beth and I tried out on a whim--turns out she's actually just as good if not better with her left hand than with her right). So that lasted until about 2.00am, then we headed back to Jess and Dom's, sat and chatted for like an hour, then headed home. Then sleep, my dear companion sleep. I slept until noon today, when I was rudely called from bed by the telephone. Mom. So I sat and chatted with her for half an hour, got up, eventually drug myself to the shower, cleaned up, and came to work. And here I sit. Woo, work. We're hoping it'll be quiet here tonight. I mean really hoping. I have to be here for eight full hours (2.00 to 10.00), and don't really feel like exerting myself any more than what it takes to occasionally type or turn the pages of the book I'm reading (Terry Pratchett's Small Gods, a wonderful book that I think everyone going into the clergy or some religious-related field ought to read). Yes, I'm lazy, but mom said to do things you're good at, and I've had lots of practice.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Newsboys, "Shine"

No comments: