Wednesday, December 17, 2003

"You Can Ponder Perpetual Motion"

Today's been a damn fine day. There is little to complain about, really, which just makes me wonder when the other boot will fall.

I actually got sleep last night, unlike the previous night when I was troubled by body aches. Nothing of that sort last night, no-sirree. Nothin' but good, honest-to-God sleep!

And then I worked this morning. But that was okay, because it wasn't much work, really. It's gotten quiet at work now, as I knew it would as finals week progresses. Most of the papers and such are completed, so we're pretty quiet.

Then I got to go have lunch with Libbie "Pixie" Okey, whom I haven't seen since like April. And we attend the same bloody school. That should never be the case, y'know? If you go to the same school as someone, you should see them occasionally. But such is life. I'm always busy with work and research and the like, and she's a theatre major. I think that ought to tell you all you need to know.

Anyway, after a good lunch with her, I went home and slept. I slept like a demon, though how demons sleep is beyond me. Rather uncomfortably, I'd think, given that they're demons and in Hell and it's rather uncomfortable in Hell. Okay, so I didn't sleep like a demon, per se, but I slept well for like three more hours. It was nice. Then a call from the insurance company comes, and it turns out that there'll be no hassle involved in getting my car repaired, for which I am very joyful. Hell, it's even possible there could be negative hassle, that this will actually be more convenient for me than if my car hadn't been hit.

Okay, that's a lie. But it's still going to be relatively painless, which I like.

Oh, and I finally tracked down both Dirk Gently novels last night, and went ahead and purchased them (working under the assumption that I should probably grab them before someone else did, because Lord knows when I'll be able to find them again).

So yeah, it's been a good day, I guess. And last night was a good night. Everything's just comin' up Millhouse, I guess. Or something similar, anyway.

And tomorrow and Friday, I don't have to work. I get to sleep in. That, my friends, is pure bliss.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: CCR, "Around the Bend"

No comments: