Sunday, December 07, 2003

"The Whole F*ckin' World's Against Us, Dude"

I swear, it's true. This evening, at work, I fully intended to write several pages on my twenty page paper due Tuesday. So, I insert my disk, pull up its contents, load up my paper...

...and discover that the version that's on the disk is an old, incomplete version of the paper. Dammit.

That totally kills my ability to work on the damn thing, because I don't remember what corrections/adjustments/changes I've made since this version was made. I've got the most recent version saved on my computer back at the apartment, but that really doesn't help me in the next three and a half hours of work. Dammit.

Beyond that, things aren't too bad. There's the distinct possibility that I will own the Opinion page in tomorrow's school newspaper, with both a comic and an article about the state of pop music. The comic is virtually guaranteed, the article is still in question. We'll see what happens. Could be fun if it ends up in there.

In other news, I am listening to Led Zeppelin, the greatest straight rock band ever (the Beatles are pop-rock, and in a genre all their own. Zep is straight ahead, no holds barred rock and roll). Their fourth album, known colloquially as "Zoso" (for one of the symbols in its inocuous title), is one of the greatest albums ever committed to a sound recording. Every song on it is a classic, with the exception of the boring and just plain blah "Battle of Evermore," which of course runs on for much longer than it has any business or reason to last. But we can forgive that, because it has "Black Dog," "Rock and Roll," "Stairway to Heaven," "Going to California," "Misty Mountain Hop," and "When the Levee Breaks." Those six songs, along with the acceptable "Four Sticks," make this an amazing album (how many CDs in the past decade or so can you say at least 3/4 of was absolutely brilliant? I thought so).

Ah well. Maybe I'll go back to working on that short story I started earlier. Got nothing else to do, it would seem. Dammit.

Addendum: I am indeed going to have an article in the school paper tomorrow. Should be interesting.

Addendum Redux: Apparently I was misled. My stuff will not appear Monday, but Tuesday, I believe. Yes, Tuesday. I mean, they made me come over and get my damn picture taken for this stupid article, so it damn well better run.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

No comments: