Thursday, December 25, 2003

"Happy Xmas (War Is Over)"

Well, a Merry Christmas to everyone out there. It's been a good couple of days. Got home Tuesday, got the oil changed in the car because it was in dire need. Yesterday, got a haircut (there were certain elements of my family--namely, my mother--who felt I needed a bit of a trim), and then we celebrated Christmas Eve with my paternal grandparents, paternal aunt and uncle and their son, his wife, and his daughter. I spent a good portion of the evening entertaining Bailey, my cousin's daughter. Then this morning, we got up, did the presents thing at home, and came up to Ponca City to visit the maternal grandparents. We also joined some old family friends, the Counters, for dinner, where I again entertained a small child; this time it was Taylor, the Counters' granddaughter.

So yeah, I played babysitter. Weeeeee. Actually, I like kids. They tend to like me, too. Never really understood why.

But it's been a good Christmas. Also got some nifty stuff, such as Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (which has me feeling warm and fuzzy in very personal places), Fellowship of the Ring Extended Edition (very groovy), Pirates of the Caribbean and Finding Nemo (good stuff, good stuff), and, perhaps most impressive, a new home theatre system.

Anyway, I hope everyone's had a great holiday, and that you all got to be with those who matter most to you. I'm headin' back home this weekend, and back to Norman a few days later. See folks soon.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, "Taxman (Live)"

No comments: