Friday, December 19, 2003

"Junk's Piling Up, Taking Up Space"

My apartment is a bloody pit.

Which is sad, considering I just cleaned most of it up earlier this week. Or was it late last week? I can't actually remember now. I don't really know how I build up clutter so fast. I mean, there's just one of me. I spend most of my time at work or otherwise out of the apartment. And when I am in the apartment, I spend a good amount of time at the computer or asleep. So how does crap get piled up everywhere?

I'd like to say that the apartment will be cleaned sometime in the near future. And that may very well be true, but I'm not going to bet a lot of money on it. I do at least need to take the trash out and clean up the living room again, so that it's...er...liveable.

Tomorrow is going to be a marathon day. Up at a decent hour, to campus to return books and pick up paycheck, then off to the bank and the movie theatre to get movie tickets for ye ol' Return of the King. Then over to Beth's at some point in the afternoon, where she's hosting a showing of the first two Lord of the Rings films. The extended versions, naturally. Which, oddly enough, I still have not seen either of. I'm sure I'm remiss in my duties as a geek because of this. I know I'm terrible, and will have my geek status revoked or something, but I've been busy, honest.

Anyway, it's going to be a busy weekend, I know that. Saturday, I'm taking Beth to the airport so she can go home for Christmas. Then I'm showing Ev disc three of Blue Seed. Then on Sunday, I'm possibly taking Dom to the airport so he can go home to Boston, then I'm going to try and see Bubba-Ho Tep, which is apparently playing out at the Lloyd Noble Center (the university's basketball arena down the street). Seeing Bubba-Ho Tep would rock, as I've heard only good things about it. And because Bruce "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell is like a tiny, manly-chinned god. That, and I never did get to see Bob Dylan's Masked and Anonymous, so I feel I ought to get to see one semi-obscure film this year, dammit.

Speaking of "obscure" films, I watched the Great Escape tonight. It's not obscure, but it's a bit older (1963), and has Steve McQueen, James Gardner, Richard Attenborough, James Coburn, and Charles Bronson in it. Very quality film. I really want to find a copy of Papillion, which features McQueen and Dustin Hoffman. I saw a couple of years ago while working for my dad. It was on one of those Classic Movie channels one night while we were sitting in the hotel with nothing to do, and there were no decent baseball games on. So I watched it, and it kicked ass. Steve McQueen is the man.

Anyway, Long Live the King! He Returns! Woo!

Yeah, I'm excited about finally seeing this damn film. It'll be nice to have a trilogy that doesn't disappoint me.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Sheryl Crow, "Mississippi"

No comments: