Tuesday, July 12, 2005

"The Words Of Woodie Guthrie Ringing In My Head"

I feel better today than I did yesterday. I sound worse, actually, but feel better. I spent a good portion of last night trying to clear my throat, and as a result it's a bit raw. Throat still isn't clear, either, but it's starting to hurt too much to clear very often. I've also got a rattling cough that really hurts, and it kicks in after I clear my throat usually, so that's just loads of fun.

I've actually improved through the day, at least in terms of how I sound. I still can't talk for very long, and my voice cracks like I was a pubscent boy asking out a girl for the first time, but I can usually manage to croak out a sentence or two.

Tomorrow after work, I'm heading up to Ponca City to visit my grandparents. Haven't seen them in awhile, so I figured I'd better visit before I head off halfway across the country.

God, I'm still nowhere near packed. Joy.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Son Volt, "Afterglow 61"

2 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

I still can't talk for very long, and my voice cracks like I was a pubscent boy asking out a girl for the first time...

Wouldn't this, then be the same?

Chuck Cottrell said...

Hey, I'll have you know I've asked out many girls, and been turned down by virtually all of them.