Saturday, July 02, 2005

Car Woes

My car is giving me many headaches right now.

For starters, the anti-lock brake system light keeps coming on periodically. It never stays on for more than a couple of minutes, but I'm really not all that keen on driving halfway across the country with my ABS not working right.

Second, I discovered a rather sizeable dent on the back hatch the other day. Since nothing else was disturbed and there's no scratching or paint damage, I assume my car wasn't hit by another car. The mostly likely explanation is that it got hit by a ball of some sort (and there've been kids in the field behind the apartment playing soccer all week).

Third was what I discovered today on my way out of Vicki's apartment. I'd gone over to help her with some computer stuff, and came out to discover that the bug shield on the front end of my car is cracked in half. Broken. I am royally pissed about this, because it wasn't like that when I went into her apartment an hour or so earlier. Someone must've leaned against the hood of my car or sat something on it or sat on it themselves. Whatever the cause, it's busted now, and I'm gonna have to get it replaced (I'm not galavanting all across the country with things like these wrong. Sure, it's mostly cosmetic, but dammit, I want my car to look nice. Is that so wrong?).

Anyway, the day hasn't gone as well as I'd like. I woke up later than I'd hoped, working on Vicki's computer took longer than I thought, the bug shield thing, and I still need to shower and get packed up and drive to Shawnee. I figured I'd already been in the middle of my second load of laundry by now. Ugh.

Here's hoping the rest of the weekend goes better. Hope everyone has a great 4th of July. Try not to get too drunk, America. And Great Britain--aren't you glad you got rid of us? Celebrate this day as well!

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The Beatles, "Drive My Car"

3 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

Y'know....with that whole "car is an extension of the manhood" stereotype, your car ain't representing too well...

Anonymous said...

I understand your pain, Chuck. I'd be fickle about that stuff, too.


Melly

Chuck Cottrell said...

And that, Monkey, is why I don't worry about the whole compensatory factor thing. Besides, considering how much car trouble you've had over the years, what would that say about you?

And yeah, Mel, it's annoying as all get-out. I'm going to see what I can do about it when car places open back up in the morning.