Wednesday, July 20, 2005

"It's Just A Place Where We Used To Live"

Jess and Dom just left with my couch. Well, their couch, now, seeing as how I sold it to 'em. Kinda sad to see that couch go. It was a good couch. I spent many a night lounged there, watching movies and anime. I spent many an hour napping there, head back, mouth open, legs draped over the arm of the couch. It was a comfy couch, and I shall miss having it. But at least I know it'll get some good use.

The living room looks pretty empty now. There are patches on the floor of dust and detritus where the couch sat for three years. There's an echo in the room, and it seems vaguely unwelcoming now. Most of the rooms are getting that way, really, what with the removal of furniture and the stuff that used to occupy the floorspace. The bedroom is the only place that still looks remotely like it is occupied by a human being, and that's because it still has all its furniture and clothes are piled up hither and yon across the room. That'll change tomorrow, I guess.

I really do find myself feeling sentimental about this place I never wanted to move into in the first place. Funny how the mind plays tricks on you.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Mark Knopfler, "On Every Street"

No comments: