Monday, July 11, 2005

"Breathe In The Air"

So I woke up every half hour last night because I couldn't breathe and my nose wouldn't stop running. I thus blew my nose every half hour from about 2.00 am to about 7.30 am, when I finally said "to hell with it" and dragged myself out of bed to take a shower and go to work.

It's funny, though--I mean, I blew my nose alot last night. And I've been blowing it periodically since then all day. Yet there still seems to be plenty of mucous in my nose. Where the hell is it all coming from? How does it all fit up there? It's not like I have a gargantuan nose or anything. How much snot can the human body actually produce, and why does my body see the need to test that limit?

Now that I've thoroughly grossed everyone out...

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bob Dylan, "On a Night Like This"

1 comment:

Noise Monkey said...

Actually, the human sinus cavity houses a tiny wormhole to a part of the galaxy where mucous is in endless supply. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending out where you are at the time), the wormhole only opens when you're feeling pretty crappy already.