Friday, July 15, 2005

"Every One Of You Is Fired"

Progress on the packing and moving stuff goes pretty well. I've nearly cleared out two closests, I've got another stack of boxes waiting for dad to take home in about an hour, and I'm probably going to start getting actual pieces of furniture out of here. At least one desk will disappear before the day's end, I know that much. Granted, that means the ol' scanner has to sit on the floor for the next week or so, but that's okay.

I've actually started thinking about how I'm going to get everything to Virginia. I know the three pieces of furniture I'm taking (my dresser, my double-wide bookcase, and a nightstand) will fit in the back of Clif's truck with ease. I figure I can pack around the edges of that with things like bags of clothes, bags of linen and towels, etc. I can also stack a few boxes in the bookcase, since the shelves will be out of it and it'll be up against other furniture. Computer, television/VCR/DVD/stereo stuff goes in my car, and probably things like the guitar and whatnot. That's most of the major stuff right there. I can put trashbags over my hanging clothes and set those on top of other stuff in both cars. That's pretty much everything I'm taking right there. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.

Of course, the problem I'm going to encounter this afternoon is that my dad and Clif are going to show up at about the same time as Ev and the Friday Group. That'll be an interesting mixture.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Paul McCartney, "Every Night (Live)"

No comments: