Thursday, July 14, 2005

"Paperback Writer"

Tonight was the last meeting of the Writing Club. My story received a fairly positive reception, which pleased me. A few more rounds of revision, and I'm going to try to submit it for publication somewhere.

I'm always kind of sad to see things end. The phase of my life here in Norman, as loathe as I was to have to enter it initially, has been good for me in many ways. I've met people I love dearly, made connections I'll never forget. My life may not have been going the way I thought it, but it's at least going in an interesting direction. In hindsight, the three years I spent here weren't so bad as I thought they'd be when I first arrived.

So while I'm sad to see this part of my life end--and no mistake, this is the end of a part of my life--I leave knowing I've grown as an individual and with a better sense of who I am and what I want to do. Those're always positive things.

Grudgingly, I'm saying "farewell" to Norman in a week: on the one hand, I never wanted to come here. On the other, part of me now doesn't want to leave.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Toad the Wet Sprocket, "P.S."

No comments: