Sunday, March 28, 2004

"Only You Know And I Know"

Well, I had a pretty good birthday yesterday. Clif called me at 5.30 am from France to wish me a happy birthday, after which I proceeded to sleep for the next six and a half hours. Got up, made an effort to clean the apartment, and the folks came over around 6.00 pm and took Beth, Jessica, Dominic, and myself out to dinner. The folks left, and we sat up and played MarioKart until after 1.00 am. Then I sat and chatted with Miss Webster for a couple of hours, hit the sack, and got up at noon today and came to work at 2.00.

So yeah, not exceptionally exciting or exceptional, but a fun evening full of good conversation, good friends, and things of that nature.

Also, my folks got me some cool stuff--a new flat-panel LCD computer monitor and the X-Men DVD collection (both movies and extra goodies...good stuff). The monitor hasn't arrived yet, but I got an IOU in my birthday card. Jess and Dom got me a kick-ass t-shirt which reads, "I play air guitar in an air band." Very funny stuff.

Work has gone by relatively quickly tonight. We haven't been tremendously busy, which I don't really mind, to be honest. I got some drawing done, won an eBay auction (for Soul Calibur II--$28, which is about half what you'd pay in the stores), and played some Gameboy.

Anyway, had lots of friends and family send me well-wishes yesterday, and that was very nice indeed. My 24th birthday went very well, even if it's one of those you really don't think about a whole lot. It's not like turning 16, or 18, or 21, or 30 or anything like that. It's just another birthday, another mile marker to show you the progress you've made in life. But at least it feels like I've made some progress. I could reflect back upon the previous year and yammer on and on about it, but I'm not sure there's a need to. It's been a good year, with ups and downs, but looking back upon things from the vantage point of another year down the road, I like where I am compared to last year. I have some new friends, I have my old friends, I'm happy with who I am, and things seem to be going well for me.

Here's to another 24, eh?

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: The Beatles, "Birthday"

No comments: