Wednesday, March 03, 2004

"The Screaming Sky Won't Let Me Sleep"

The weather was just downright nasty today. It rained constantly, so I didn't get to run today, either. In fact, I haven't gone for a run since I ran with Beth last Thursday (which we plan to do again tomorrow...who knows how that'll go). I feel lathargic and blah, as though I don't have the energy, desire, or ability to really do anything of worth.

Adam started working on redesigning the Dim Bulb page today. So far, the only thing anyone will notice is that we've added a dropdown menu for the comics so you can jump to specific comics or storylines. Adam only did the highlights for his and for Troubled Times, but I was feelin' spry, so I set it up to list every single freakin' comic I've done so far. When the page is completely redesigned, there'll be a new background, a new layout, a different way of handling the rantspace (one which doesn't involve Adam or I accidentally erasing each other's posts and which will allow us to actually post a notice if FTP or Keenspace is down), and a list of favorite links on the main page. All very spiffy, all hopefully accomplished sometime soon. Really depends on Adam's schedule, though.

I'm still debating on whether or not to email the history departments at Ohio State and WUStLou to inform them of my achievement this past weekend. Part of me wants to, just to let them know that I'm a good historian and because I think it might increase my chance of getting in to one or both of the schools. On the other hand, part of me thinks they've probably already made their choices, and telling them now wouldn't have any effect on things if they've already decided. I'll email Dr. Dippel tonight and see what he thinks.

Clif is apparently in Italy this week. Mom said that he got calls at home from two of the national parks he applied to work at this summer. This is in contrast to last summer, when he couldn't beg a table bussing job at a single damn park (he applied to several) and ended up spending half the summer in Norman with me, recording the debut Yeti album in the back bedroom of my apartment.

For some reason, I've been listening to XTC all weekend. I pull out their stuff from time to time, because it's really well done, smart, polished pop in the tradition of the Beatles (the band members are unabashed Beatles and '60s pop-rock afficianados). Their album Oranges and Lemons is especially enjoyable, and I love the song "Across This Antheap." Good stuff. So I've been spinning that disk all afternoon and evening. When I get home, I might pop on their greatest hits collection and mellow out to that.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: XTC, "Across this Antheap"

No comments: