Tuesday, March 23, 2004

"Your Eyes Are Burning Holes Through Me"

It's been a good day. Slept in pretty late after staying up late last night to watch the Concert for George (mom taped it off PBS for me a couple of weeks ago) and Mel Brooks' History of the World, Part I (ditto). Both worthwhile, though the Brooks movie had commercials (curses upon AMC for putting in commercials and editting for content!). I noticed some interesting things about the Concert for George, though. First of all, Dhani, George's son, looks disturbingly similar to his old man. It's uncanny. Second, Tom Petty and Eric Clapton look really freakin' old now. They really haven't taken care of themselves very well (the same can be said for Neil Young, who was on Conan last week. He looks downright ancient, as does Petty). I guess some folks age gracefully, and some do not.

Anyway, went running with Beth this afternoon. Also helped her get some new running shoes (before we went running, actually). Running didn't go quite as well as we'd hoped, but she was breaking in new shoes and running for the first time in almost a week (and on concrete for the first time in almost a year).

Beth also happened to doodle a little picture of Earl for me while she was sitting bored in class one day. That'll be posted as soon as I can figure out how to add stuff to the Dim Bulb Gallery. I still find it amusing that so many people like Earl. He was only ever supposed to be a minor character in the comic, but he's become rather prominent. Hell, I'm just finishing up a major storyline that features him.

Also found this in the school paper yesterday. Who's that in the front row with an exclamation mark on his t-shirt? That's right, it's Simon. The guy who does the comics on Monday wanted to do a group portrait sort of thing of the main characters of each day. He had to use political symbols for a couple of them because those two only ever do political cartoons (and not very funny ones at that). Only the Monday guy and myself actually make comics that're worthwhile (he had one about the deterioration of peoples' spelling and grammar abilities a month or so ago that had me rolling and wishing I'd drawn it).

Anyway, work looks like it'll be slow tonight. Maybe I can catch up on all the guestcomics I've been promising people I'd do for a few weeks. Hey, I can't help it--I had to write a Master's Thesis.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Soul Coughing, "16 Horses"

No comments: