Tuesday, March 16, 2004

"Don't Know If I Saw You If I'd Kiss You Or Kill You"

Today was a productive day. Got lots done on the Thesis, so I should have the rough draft done by tomorrow without too much of a problem. Also went for a run today. It wasn't pretty. I haven't run on concrete in almost three weeks (I've run during that time, though not much and most of those times were on the indoor track). Lord, did it hurt. My shins, my ankles, my knees, my thighs...I could hardly move. I managed just over a mile before my legs gave out. I'm going to take running shoes and clothes with me when I go home tomorrow and try to run every day I'm home, so we'll see how that goes. Maybe with dad around, I can get myself going again. If I can just get used to the concrete again, I'll be fine, honest.

Had dinner with Jessica and Dominic, then they came over and we just sorta hung out for awhile. It was nice to just relax, not have to think about anything, and play some videogames with Dom while Jess organized a list of songs for me to download for them for their wedding in early June. After Jess and Dom left, I worked a little more on the Thesis, did a quick little pic for Ping, and went to Wal-Mart to get some Starburst Jelly Beans, which are like my Achilles Heel, I swear.

See, that's the thing I really hate about Easter--the candy. I both love it and loathe it. On the one hand, if I want jelly beans or Cadburry Creme Eggs or whatnot, they're only a short drive away. On the other hand, if I want jelly beans or Cadburry Creme Eggs or whatnot, they're only a short drive away. It's a terrible double-edged sword. I have a tough enough time with self control at the best of times, but when so much great candy is so readily available, it's hard to resist temptation.

So I didn't. I bought some jelly beans. Lord, are they good. And when Easter's over, and they all go on sale...dear God, I'm done for. Doesn't matter if I've given up soda pop, it seems I'm taking in all those calories anyway on some days.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Barenaked Ladies, "Thanks that was fun"

No comments: