Friday, March 12, 2004

"Delusions Of Grandeur"

Just got an email from Clyde. He apparently received his care package from home today, which contained a copy of the Cross-Eyed Yeti CD. Apparently that CD is also a big hit with all the folks he knows in France. That's right--we're goin' international, baby!

Of course, having heard some of the stuff that's popular in France, I can see why they'd be so ready to accept the Yeti. Something so stripped down and basic, so fresh and unaffected...it's like the antithesis to the crap they've got available over there (the Scissor Sisters cover of "Comfortably Numb" still makes me hurt).

As Clyde suggested, perhaps my trouble getting into a grad school is just God's way of saying perhaps it's time for me to consider my music career (I can already hear James screaming). Maybe the world is ready for the Yeti. Clif put it best--"Delusion of Grandeur? Maybe. But that's what the Yeti's all about."

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Cross-Eyed Yeti, "Ode to Cock Rock"

No comments: