Saturday, March 13, 2004

"Renegade Folk Hero"

Ugh, I'm having a terrible time writing this damn thesis.

I don't know why this particular paper is so difficult. Probably because of the dearth of primary sources I've been able to track down. At least, useful primary sources. And the time period seems so muddled...a guy whom I know for a fact is a Non-Juror (meaning he wasn't a part of William and Mary's church and that he would be against them) wrote something that seems to defend William. At least, people think he wrote it. They're not sure. They at least know he wrote something with a similar title. But I'm confused as all hell. I really wish I had a week to just sit in the library and find stuff. It'd help immensely.

Of course, there's a line of thougt that suggests I should have done all that months ago, and I should have already known what sources would work and wouldn't before I sat down to start writing earlier this week. God, I'm such an idiot sometimes. Why I've put this off so much, I can't even begin to imagine.

Anyway, I'm just writing here to try to get my hands warmed up and get me in the writing mood. The thesis needs a lot of work and a lot more material, not to mention some structural work. But I think I know what I need to do, and I think I can get it done. I hope.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: George Harrison, "All those years ago"

No comments: