Monday, March 15, 2004

"What Does She Get For All The Love She Gave You?"

Damn, things are finally moving on the Master's Thesis. I found a nifty source in the library today that's solving a lot of my problems. Nothin' like spending an hour and a half sitting in front of the microfilm reader machine and printing out a 160 page primary source document to make a man feel alive and $10 poorer.

Anyway, I'm finally in my writing groove. Document explication is the thing I do very, very well, and now I have a nifty document to pick apart for page after glorious page. Then I'll do it with some other documents I have, because that's just sorta how these kinds of papers run.

So it looks like I probably won't be going home until Tuesday, which is fine by me. Means I'll probably try to hang out with Jessica and Dominic tomorrow evening for a while, since I really haven't seen any people (except for library employees or Wal-Mart employees, who don't really count...unless they're Wal-Mart employees in Clarksville, in which case they count doubly so as people, since both Amandas and a couple of other people I know happen to make that a rather more entertaining Wal-Mart than either of the ones in Norman) since Friday around noon.

Anyway, I'm not fairly confident in this silly thing again, which is a damn sight better than I felt about it, say, yesterday, or Friday, or Thursday, or Wednesday, or Tuesday, or Monday, or last Sunday...well, you get the idea. This was not a good week, for the most part, but I'm past it now, and things can only get better now, right? To quote Terry Pratchett, "Every day, in every way, we are getting better and better."

While I'm home, I'll be celebrating my birthday. That'll be fun. Means we'll also get to celebrate my grandfather's birthday (it's on the 25th, two days before mine). For as long as I can remember, we've been going to my grandparents' place for a few days on Spring Break, and while there, we do the joint birthday celebration. It means we'll get fed really well and we'll have cake. Mmm, cake...

Of course, I'm gonna have to fight the urge to have a Coke while at the grandparents' place. Temptation seems to be stronger up there than at home (where we have no soda pop) or here (where I have no money to purchase soda pop). I think it has something to do with the tendency to spoil grandkids that grandmothers have. Ah well.

On an unrelated note, Adam put together based on a comic I did on Friday. Needless to say, I want one.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Old '97s, "Four Leaf Clover"

No comments: