Thursday, April 01, 2004

"I Want Another First Kiss Like This"

My new computer monitor (the one my folks got me for my birthday) finally came in. I went home to get it Wednesday afternoon, and took Beth along for the ride. She needed to go to the city anyway to run an errand, so I just took her there afterwards. Fun-filled afternoon, a splendid time for all. And my grandmother invited her over for Easter dinner (an invitation Beth accepted, because the chance to eat steak for free appeals to a college student). I told her she was brave for her willingness to face another holiday dinner with my family.

Had a pleasant surprise earlier this week when I got an email from my old friend Alicia McLaughlin. 'Cept her name ain't "McLaughlin" anymore, it's "Epps." Seems she went and got married back in October without telling me. Guess that's what happens when you don't get a chance to regularly see someone for four years. They go and get themselves hitched. Apparently my friend Sarah Williams is going to do the same thing sometime soon.

The number of my single friends is dwindling.

Honestly, most of the people I know my age are either in a serious relationship, engaged, or already married. Which is cool and all, but it makes ya stop and take stock once in a while. Dunno what sort of inventory I end up with when I do that, but it does make me wonder what--if anything--I've been doing wrong these past few years.

In other, semi-related news, my friend Dav apparently used to be jealous of the relationship I have with Wendy. It strikes me as funny, because he's at least the second or third guy I've known who was jealous of the close friendship I had with his (then) girlfriend. I've no idea how this happens; I'm not a threatening or imposing guy, really. Not at all, in fact. I have "best friend" inscribed on my very soul, I think. Eh, maybe a good dose of paranoia is good once in a while, eh? I mean, makes you appreciate what you've got a little more, maybe, makes you treat your significant other better.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Led Zeppelin, "The Ocean"

No comments: