Thursday, April 15, 2004

"It's Gonna Be Okay"

It is, really. A nice conversation with Amanda E. has convinced me of this. Not because of anything in particular either of us said. It's just that talking with her always makes me feel better about things.

Talking to my other friends and to several members of my family also helped, I have to say. Everyone's very supportive and comforting, and that really, really helps.

I'll get through this. I'll come out on top. Lesser men than I have managed, and this, too, shall pass. George Harrison probably put it best:

"Sunrise doesn't last all morning,
The cloudburst doesn't last all day
Seems my love has gone and left you with no warning
It's not always gonna be this way
All things must pass
All things must pass away."

The good, the bad, the mediocre--none of them last. Hard times befall us all, but I have hope. Hope that I'll overcome whatever I'm facing. I've got faith. There's some master plan that I may not be aware of, but it's out there. It's out there.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bruce Springsteen, "My City of Ruins"

No comments: