Wednesday, April 20, 2005

"You'll Probably Be Living There Soon"

So yesterday was my youngest brother's 20th birthday. Hard to believe my baby brother is already that old. When I went away to college 7 years ago, he was still playing with wrestling figures. Now he plays with much more expensive toys, like PS2's and Nintendo DS's.

Yesterday also marked the arrival of the Neon Genesis Evangelion box set I ordered off eBay. This lightened my mood from Monday considerably. For those of you not familiar with Eva, it's one of the most critically acclaimed anime series ever. Giant robots and lots of teenage angst. It's wonderful.

I've been hard at work learning new songs for the guitar and improving my playing on songs I already know. I learned the Moxy Früvous tune "The Drinking Song" the other night, though it's still a little rough and I really need to work out the kinks in the strumming. But I was proud that I could halfway play it. I also worked on a couple of Cross-Eyed Yeti tunes I had Clif show me over the weekend. I can do "Philosopher King" pretty well, but my "Clyde's Blues" is still rough because it uses three chords I've never really used before and am still having to learn, essentially.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Moxy Früvous, "The Great Medicine Show"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You play guitar? Now that's hot.

Chuck Cottrell said...

Thank ye. I'm hoping to eventually learn some power ballads so I can woo my way into girls' pants with my sexy, tender-yet-tough persona. Then I'm gonna start wearing tight leather pants and stuffing a sock in the crotch, 'cause power ballads have standards, y'know?

Anonymous said...

Not the chaps...no, god NO! :-p

-Dav-