Friday, April 29, 2005

"You Don't Know Me, But I Know You"

So, I took the Praxis I this afternoon.

Test went remarkably well. I passed (at least, I passed the Reading and Math sections...won't know about the Writing section until they go over my essay, which wasn't the best piece I've ever written, but should suffice), so that's good. Funny thing--I actually scored a point higher on the Math section than I did the Reading. That's just weird; I mean, my math skills are awful. Guess that tells you just how hard the Math section was.

Anyway, next step is to wait to hear back from the folks in VA. I'll get a teaching job and get out of this state yet.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Wilco, "SummerTeeth"

5 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

I dunno...that just makes me disappointed in your reading score.

Also...Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy comes out today. You gonna see it? Today, I mean.

Chuck Cottrell said...

Yeah, well, I kinda coasted my way through the reading section (in like 20 minutes...and they give you 75). I actually kinda tried on the math section, since I knew I'd have a harder time with it.

Probably gonna go see Hitchhiker's tomorrow...and most likely be thoroughly disappointed. But I'm gonna see it anyway.

Anonymous said...

What was your essay question?

Melissa

Chuck Cottrell said...

Something about whether or not celebrities ought to be held responsible as role models. I just bullshitted something about it, basically.

Noise Monkey said...

I'm still pretty sure we should just shoot them out of a cannon at a brick wall from 5ft away...