Monday, April 25, 2005

"Kissing You By Proxy"

So Rana called me up this afternoon to let me know she wouldn't be able to attend the Wilco concert tonight. Her ride down here apparently got a flat tire, thus rendering transportation a little difficult. Rana was obviously distraught by this turn of events, but I did my best to convince her that it was okay and not her fault. We've made tentative plans to go see Bob Dylan & Willie Nelson this summer instead, since they'll be playing up in Tulsa (about twenty minutes from where she lives, actually). I'm disappointed that I won't get to see Rana tonight, but we're going to try to get together in a few weeks and hang out anyway. I think a daytrip to Tulsa could be fun.

Thankfully, I was able to convince my coworker Lindsay to join me for the concert in Rana's stead. Lindsay's about the only person I know around here who likes Wilco, and who doesn't enjoy a free concert? I'm just glad I didn't end up with a $30 ticket going to waste. Rana wanted to pay me for the ticket, but I wouldn't let her--paying for a ticket she wasn't going to use struck me as absurd and not at all fair to her. It wasn't her fault the car has a flat tire.

Another positive is that now I don't have to try to get the apartment cleaned up. Rana said she wouldn't have cared, but it's a personal issue--I don't like letting people see my place dirty. It's just not good hosting, really.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Wilco, "Less Than You Think"

No comments: