Thursday, April 07, 2005

"But I'm Not Bitter"

Rejection notice #2 arrived today from Tulane. Didn't really want to live in New Orleans anyway.

I'm starting to feel really frustrated by all of this, though. It's a bit of a blow to the ego to be told that something you've spent the better part of the last six and a half years studying and refining isn't good enough for these people. Like I'm not good enough for them. It's hard to push past that sense of failure and worthlessness.

If I were a different person than I am, I'd spend tonight getting drunk. As it stands, I'll probably hit Hastings and Best Buy and purchase a new CD or something instead. I'm not sure if that's better or not.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Rolling Stones, "19th Nervous Breakdown"

3 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

new music time!

Anonymous said...

That's right...feed that habit. :-p

-Dav-

Chuck Cottrell said...

Here it is Saturday, and I STILL haven't had a chance to drown my sorrows. I did get tickets to see Wilco, though, so that's a good start.