Saturday, April 09, 2005

"I'd Rather Go It Alone"

You know what really annoys me? It's something that happens all too often around here--folks pull up in the parking lot to pick someone up from one of the apartments, and rather than getting out of the car and walking up to the door and knocking, they sit in the damn car and honk their horn. Repeatedly.

It's not like it's raining outside or freezing cold. It's not like it's sweltering (it's about 80, so it's a bit warm, but there's enough wind that it's not so bad walking twenty yards to someone's door). Their legs obviously work, or they wouldn't be driving. It doesn't save any time--they spend a good three or four minutes honking the damn horn sometimes, and it wouldn've taken half that to get out of the car and walk up to the door. And it's an annoyance--our apartment complex is pretty quiet (except on game days during football season), and I rather like the peacefulness of the place. But this sort of thing shatters that peace and quiet in ways which are far worse than my guitar playing or singing (heck, when I was outside yesterday afternoon playing, there was a little girl sitting there listening to me). This sort of thing is a disturbance, and it aggravates me that it happens a few times a day at least.

Okay, gripe over. I'll step down off the soapbox now.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Beck, "Scarecrow"

2 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

At least they're not trying to get attention with a firearm of some sort.

...heh...firearm...that was a good comic...

Chuck Cottrell said...

Does it count that I'd like to set them on fire?