Monday, April 11, 2005

Picture Dump

So last weekend I went to a cousin's first birthday party. He was really sorta irrelevant to the proceedings (as is often the case with things like first birthday, first Christmas, etc. or, perhaps more annoyingly, the way the bride and groom are mostly irrelevant to a wedding. It doesn't matter who is actually standing up there, for the most part, so long as someone fills the space). While there, I took a good number of pictures, both of the child (which I won't bore you with) and of various other members of my family (which I will bore you with). So we have:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My mom, who took it upon herself to fold every single piece of tissue paper used to wrap presents. Have I mentioned she's something of a neat-freak?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My mom and my great-aunt Bev, who is about as southern-fried as they come (except for the bad teeth, no shoes, and no education thing--she's a very bright woman). My dad lived with her and her husband, Gary, for his first year or two of college. Speaking of my great-uncle Gary...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This mountain of man (seen here with his grandson, the child who was celebrating his first birthday) is a retired Tulsa cop. From what I understand, you didn't try to resist arrest when he was the guy arresting you, or things went poorly for you. Thing is, the guy's about as gentle a giant as they come. But man, you didn't want him pinning you down when you were a small child, mostly because the man always had gas and wasn't afraid to use it. Ah, memories.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
That's my cousin, Chris, the one whose daughter (Bailey) I'm always talking about. He's also talking with another great-aunt, Linda (at least, I think she's another great-aunt...I've never been too clear on most of my familial connections). He wasn't too keen on having his picture snapped that day, I don't think.

I also have pictures of the wheels my youngest brother and I are selling on eBay this week, in case anyone is interested in a set of near-mint factory wheels from a 1998 Mustang GT. We're sellin' 'em cheap, honest.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Green Day, "American Idiot"

No comments: