Tuesday, April 12, 2005

"Waiting For The Telephone To Tell Me I'm Alive"

So I'm excited. Why, you ask, am I excited (well, you might ask. Just go with the imposed rhetorical question for a minute, will ya?)? Simple--in two weeks, we get some damn fine new music.

Bruce Springsteen has a new album due out on April 26. Ben Folds likewise has a new album out on the same date. On the 25th, I get to go see Wilco up in OKC. If that won't be a week for great music, I'll scrape out my eardrums with a guitar pick.

On top of that, we can expect a new Gorillaz album out in late May (like the 24th or so), and the lead-off single, "Feel Good Inc.," already looks kick-ass (and sounds it, as well. You can find a link to the video for it via Ink Tank or Mac Hall, where I first found the video). New material from the Gorillaz is a cause for celebration, especially when it truly is new material (rather than remixes of existing material).

So yeah, that's all quite groovy. I think you'd agree that music stuff is looking pretty good right now, even if Maria Carey just put out a new album (and the world is still wondering why she thought one was necessary).

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Eric Clapton, "Rolling and Tumbling (Live)"

No comments: