Friday, March 31, 2006

"If Your Dream Came True Would You Still Want It Then?"

The performance review at work wasn't nearly as bad as I'd feared it would be. Essentially, they told me I needed to work on the things I knew I needed to work on and said that I was good at the things I knew I was good at. It wasn't nearly so negative or threatening a situation as I thought it might be, so that was a load off my mind.

I picked up a really interesting CD at Borders by Greg Brown called Further In. It's one of those CDs I picked up because I heard someone else do a cover of one of their tunes (in this case, Glen Phillips doing a solo acoustic version of "Small Dark Movie" on his Live at Largo CD). I listened to it all the way through on my way to and from Tyson's Corner to run an errand for Cris Thursday evening, and I was very pleased with the record as a whole. I'll try to get a review of it up this weekend.

Speaking of this weekend and Cris, she's doing a potluck thingie at her apartment Saturday night. I'm gonna head down to Fredericksburg and get my socializing on, see if I can't maybe snap myself out of this seemingly perpetual funk.

Okay, bedtime. Lord knows I haven't been sleeping very much lately and need all the rest I can get.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bruce Springsteen, "This Hard Land"

No comments: